Information For Authors
Interested in submitting to this journal? We recommend that you review the About the Journal page for the journal's section policies, as well as the Author Guidelines. Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting or, if already registered, can simply log in and begin the five-step process.
- Articles may come from any country but must be written in English.
- Articles are considered on the basis of scientific validity and technical quality, not perceived impact.
- The journal editors reserve the right to return to authors, without peer-review, improperly formatted articles.
- Authors are discouraged from using figures. (If there is sufficient cause to include figures, authors must submit original electronic copies in PNG, TIF, or high-resolution JPG format). If tables are included, they must be created in Word, not Excel.
- The journal editors do not insist on a particular variant of the English language for the articles, but the grammar must be at a publishable level upon receipt. If the article is not written in the author’s mother tongue, the authors are encouraged to enlist the help of a native speaker, or a professional proofreader before submitting the article.
- The published articles are hierarchically numbered. They are published under the liberal CC Attribution License (CC-BY 3.0). The author holds the copyright and retains publishing rights without restrictions.
- One author cannot send more than two articles (first author of one article, and co-author of another one). The author declares that any person named as co-author of the article is aware of the fact and has agreed to be so named.
- The article text should not include any information that identifies the authors, or any other collaborators in the work. The managing editor will remove personal details from the articles, prior to their sending to reviewers.
- Expect on average 12 weeks from submission to publication.
- Each author needs to submit a short biography (max. 200 words). If the authors submit their articles via Email (firstname.lastname@example.org), the short biography should be submitted in a separate file.
- Each author should provide an ORCID iD.
- The articles should be submitted in a Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx).
- The journal uses the plagiarism screening tool PlagScan.
- Consent from the authors affirming that the article is their original work should accompany the article submission via the online submission form. If the authors submit their articles via Email (email@example.com), they should attach a signed and scanned JLIA Declaration of originality.